Translation of damn in Italian:
- 1 [informal] (curse)damn you!va al diavolo!damn the weather, car!mannaggia al tempo, alla macchina!homework be damned, I'm going out!al diavolo i compiti, io esco!damn the consequences, the expenseme ne frego delle conseguenze, della spesaI'll be damned!accidenti!I'll be o I'm damned if I'm going to pay!non pago manco morto! col cavolo che pago!I'm damned if I know!non so proprio!damn it!mannaggia! maledizione!
- 2 (Religion)dannare (sinner, soul)
- 3 (condemn)condannare (person, action, behaviour) (for per)to damn somebody for doingcondannare qualcuno per avere fattoto damn somebody with faint praise= criticare qualcuno fingendo di elogiarlo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com