Translation of degree in Italian:
- 1 (Geography, Mathematics) at an angle of 40 degrees to the vertical turn the knob through 180 degreesgira la manopola di 180 graditen degrees of latitude, longitude10 gradi di latitudine, longitudine20 degrees south of the equator20 gradi a sud dell'equatore
- 3 (University)diploma (masculine) universitario, laurea (feminine)first o bachelor's degreediploma di dottore (conseguito con un corso di studi di tre o quattro anni)to take, get a degreelaurearsito have a degreeavere la laurea o essere laureato
- 4 (amount) this gives me a degree of controlquesto mi dà un certo controlloa high degree of efficiency the exact degree of his influence is unknownnon si sa quanto sia influenteto such a degree that … an alarming degree of ignorance to a degree, to some degree to a lesser degree I enjoy a o some degree of autonomygodo di una certa autonomiaI was not in the slightest degree anxiousnon ero per niente ansiosoby degrees with varying degrees of accuracy, successcon una precisione, con successo variabile
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com