Translation of describe in Italian:
- 1 (give details of)descrivere (person, event, object)police describe him as…la polizia lo descrive come…
- 2 (characterize) to describe somebody as an idiot, something as uselessdefinire qualcuno un idiota, qualcosa una cosa inutilehe's described as generous, as a recluselo descrivono come una persona generosa, un eremitaI wouldn't describe him as an artist it could be described as prettypotrebbe essere definito carino
- 3 (Mathematics, Technology)descrivere (circle, curve)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com