Translation of difficulty in Italian:
- 1 (of task, activity, situation) the difficulty of doing to have difficulty (in) doing somethingavere difficoltà, faticare a fare qualcosato have great difficulty (in) doingavere grande difficoltà, faticare molto a fareto have difficulty with one's eyesight I have difficulty with that idea
- 2 (obstacle) the difficulties of forming a government, of living herele difficoltà del formare un governo, del vivere quithe difficulty is that …la difficoltà è che …to run into difficultiesincontrare delle difficoltàI can't see any difficulty in doingnon vedo alcuna difficoltà nel fare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com