Translation of dinner in Italian:
- 1 (meal)(evening) cena (feminine)(midday) pranzo (masculine)at dinnera cena, a pranzoto have friends to dinner to go out, be invited out to dinner to be invited to dinner at somebody'sessere invitato a cena da qualcunoto have dinner we'll be ten for dinnersaremo dieci a cenawe're having chicken for dinnerc'è pollo per cenato give the dog its dinnerdare da mangiare al cane“dinner!”“a tavola!”
- 2 (banquet)pranzo (masculine) , cena (feminine) (ufficiale) (for somebody in onore di qualcuno)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com