Translation of dirt in Italian:
- 1 (mess)(on clothing, in room) sporcizia (feminine) , sporco (masculine)(on body, cooker) sporco (masculine)(in carpet, engine, filter) sporcizia (feminine)wash the dirt off your face!lavati la faccia! togliti lo sporco dalla faccia!that floor shows the dirtsu quel pavimento lo sporco si vede subito
- 3 [informal] [pejorative] (gossip)pettegolezzi (masculine plural)to dig up dirt onscovare pettegolezzi suto dish the dirt on o about
- 5 [informal] (excrement) → dog dirt
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com