Translation of dirty in Italian:
- 1 (messy, soiled)(face, clothing, dish, carpet, mark, nappy, car, street, beach, work, job)to get dirty
sporcosporcarsito get o make something dirtysporcare qualcosato get one's hands dirty [figurative]sporcarsi le mani
- 2 (Medicine) (not sterile)(needle)
- 7 (stormy)(weather, night)
orribile, da lupi
- 2 (obscenely)(talk)to think dirty
sporco, volgarmenteavere dei pensieri sporchi
- sporcare, sporcarsi (carpet, nappy)to dirty one's hands doing [figurative]sporcarsi le mani facendo
his name seems to be a dirty word around here
- il suo nome sembra essere tabù da queste parti
to do the dirty on
- [informal]farla sporca a, tirare un colpo basso a
to give somebody a dirty look
- [informal]lanciare un'occhiataccia a qualcuno
to send somebody to do one's dirty work
- [informal]far fare a qualcuno il proprio lavoro sporco
do your own dirty work!
- [informal]fattelo tu questo lavoro di merda!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com