Translation of downhill in Italian:
- to go downhill(path, road)
essere in discesa(person, vehicle)[figurative] (person)
andare in discesa(in social status etc.) essere in declino(in health) andare peggiorandoshe has gone downhill a lot since you saw her lastla sua salute è molto peggiorata da quando l'hai vista l'ultima voltasince he took over as manager business has gone downhillda quando è diventato direttore gli affari vanno malefrom now on it's downhill all the way [figurative](disastrous) da adesso inizia il declino
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com