See parent entry: → drop
Translation of drop out in Italian:
- 1 (fall out) (object, handkerchief, contact lens, page)cadere (of da)
- 2 (withdraw)(from contest, race) ritirarsi(from project) abbandonare(from school, university) ritirarsi, abbandonare gli studi(from society) emarginarsito drop out ofritirarsi da (contest, race)abbandonare (politics)to drop out of school, universityabbandonare la scuola, l'universitàthat word has virtually dropped out of the languagequella parola è praticamente uscita dalla linguaterms that dropped out of usage years agotermini scomparsi dall'uso molti anni fathe coins will gradually drop out of circulationle monete verranno gradualmente ritirate dalla circolazione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com