Translation of effort in Italian:
- 1 (energy) all our effort o effortstutti i nostri sforzito put a lot of effort into something, into doingfare molti sforzi per qualcosa, per fareto put all one's effort(s) into doing to redouble one's effort to spare no effort it's a waste of effortè uno sforzo inutileto be worth the effortvalerne la pena
- 2 (difficulty) with effortcon faticawithout effortsenza faticait is, was an effort to doè, era faticoso fare
- 3 (attempt)to make the effortfare lo sforzohe made no effort to apologizenon ha fatto nessun tentativo di scusarsihis efforts at doingi suoi tentativi di fareher efforts on my behalfi suoi sforzi per aiutarmito make every effort in an effort to do joint effortsforzo comunethis painting is my latest, first effortquesto dipinto è il mio ultimo, il mio primo lavoronot a bad effort for a first try
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com