Translation of emphasis in Italian:
noun pl. -es
- 1 (importance) to lay o place o put the emphasis on somethingdare rilevo a qualcosato shift the emphasis from something to somethingspostare l'accento o l'attenzione da qualcosa a qualcosathe emphasis is on somethingè dato risalto a qualcosathe government is placing more emphasis on training the new emphasis on training to put special emphasis on somethingdare un'importanza speciale a qualcosa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com