Translation of enemy in Italian:
- 1nemico (masculine) (-a) (also figurative)to make enemiesfarsi dei nemicito make an enemy of somebodyfarsi nemico qualcunohis arrogance made him many enemiesla sua arroganza gli ha procurato molti nemicipublic enemy number one to be one's own worst enemyessere il peggiore nemico di se stessobefore nenemy alien= residente straniero di nazionalità nemica in tempo di guerra
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com