Translation of entry in Italian:
- 1 (act of entering) somebody's entry intol'ingresso di qualcuno in (room, politics, profession, EU)to gain entry to o intoriuscire a entrare in (building)accedere a (computer file)he failed to gain entry (to building)non è riuscito a entrareto force entry to o intointrodursi a forza in
- 4 (recorded item)(in dictionary) entrata (feminine) , lemma (masculine) , voce (feminine)(in encyclopedia) voce (feminine)(of ship's log) entrata (feminine)(in diary) annotazione (feminine)(in register) registrazione (feminine)(in ledger, accounts book) scrittura (feminine)to make an entry in one's diaryannotare qualcosa sulla propria agendathere is no entry in his diary for July 13non c'è scritto niente sulla sua agenda per il 13 luglioto make an entry in a ledger
- 5(for poetry, painting, writing competition) opera (feminine) presentata(for song contest) pezzo (masculine) , brano (masculine) , canzone (feminine)the winning entryl'opera vincitricethis is my entry for the fancy dress contestquesto è il mio costume per il concorsowe received 1,000 entries for the crossword competition1.000 persone hanno partecipato al concorso enigmisticosend your entry to…inviate la vostra risposta a…there was a large entry for the contest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com