Translation of event in Italian:
- 1 (incident) a chain of eventsuna serie di avvenimentievents are moving so fastgli eventi si succedono così velocementethe police were unable to control eventsla polizia non era in grado di controllare la situazionethe course of events
- 2 (eventuality) in the event ofin caso di (fire, accident etc.)in the unlikely event that he (should) fail the examnell'improbabile caso in cui non dovesse superare l'esamein that eventin questo casoin either eventin entrambi i casiin the event (British English) (as things turned out)di fatto, in realtàin any event o at all events
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com