Translation of exception in Italian:
- 1 (special case)eccezione (feminine) (for per)with the (possible) exception ofcon la sola (possibile) eccezione dithe only exception beinga eccezione diwithout exceptionsenza eccezioniwith some exceptions o with certain exceptionscon alcune eccezionito make an exception there can be no exceptionsnon si faranno eccezionian exception to the rule a notable exceptionun'eccezione notevolethe exception proves the rule
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com