Translation of exercise in Italian:
- 1 uncountable (exertion) to take o get some exercisefare un po' di esercizio (fisico) o di motoI could do with some exercise - shall we go jogging?ho bisogno di fare un po' di moto - andiamo a correre?
- 3 (application)(of duties, intellect, power, rights) esercizio (masculine) (of di)her writings show considerable exercise of the imaginationi suoi scritti sono ricchi di fantasia
also: exercises plural noun(American English)
- 2 (exert physically)esercitare (body, mind, limb, muscles)fare fare esercizio a (dog, horse)
- 3 (worry) a problem which has exercised many great mindsun problema che ha turbato molte grandi menti
- 4 (Economics)esercitare (option)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com