Translation of failure in Italian:
- 2(unsuccessful person) fallito (masculine) (-a), incapace (masculine or feminine)(unsuccessful venture or event) insuccesso (masculine) , fiasco (masculine)he was a failure as a teachercome insegnante era un fallimento, un disastroto be a failure at tennis to feel a failuresentirsi un fallitothe operation was a failure
- 4 (omission)failure to keep a promiseil mancare a una promessafailure to appear (in court) (Law) failure to comply with the rulesinosservanza delle regole o del regolamentofailure to pay they were surprised at his failure to attend the meetingrimasero sorpresi dal fatto che non fosse andato alla riunione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com