Translation of family in Italian:
- (group) famiglia (feminine) (Linguistics, Zoology)(children) figli (masculine plural) , famiglia (feminine)to run in the familyessere una caratteristica di famigliato be one of the family to start a familymetter su famigliado you have any family?hai figli?a family of fouruna famiglia di quattro personebefore n (affair, feud, home, friend)
della famiglia(responsibilities, accommodation)for family reasons
familiareper motivi familiari
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com