Translation of flutter in Italian:
- 2 (stir)a flutter of excitement, panicun'ondata di eccitazione, panicoto be all in o of a flutter (British English)essere tutto agitatoto cause a flutterfare colpo
- 3 (British English) [informal] (bet)to have a flutter on the horsesfare una scommessa alle corse (dei cavalli)she likes the odd flutterdi tanto in tanto le piace scommettereto have a flutter on the Stock Exchangefare delle speculazioni in borsa
- 4 (spiral)also: flutter down(petals, leaves)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com