Translation of food in Italian:
- 3 uncountable (provisions)provviste (feminine plural) , scorte (feminine plural)to shop for foodfare provvistewe have no food in the housenon abbiamo scorte di cibo in casa
- 4 (cuisine, cooking) Chinese foodla cucina cineseis the food good in Japan?si mangia bene in Giappone?to be a lover of good food he likes his foodgli piace mangiare o è una buona forchettato be off one's foodsoffrire di inappetenza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com