Translation of forward in Italian:
- 1 (ahead)to step, leap forward to fall o topple forwardcadere in avantito go o walk forward to rush forwardprecipitarsi in avantito move something forwardspostare qualcosa in avanti[figurative]“forward march!”
fare avanzare qualcosa“avanti, marsc!”a seat facing forwardun posto rivolto in avanti, in direzione di marciaa way forwarduna soluzionethere is no other way forwardnon ci sono altre soluzioniit's the only way forwardè l'unica soluzioneshe isn't backward in coming forwardnon esita a farsi avanti
- 1 [formal] (dispatch)spedire, inviare (goods, catalogue, document, parcel) (to a)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com