Translation of front in Italian:
- 1 (forward facing area)(of house, shop) facciata (feminine)(of cupboard, box) davanti (masculine)
parte (feminine) anteriore(of sweater) davanti (masculine)(of book, folder) copertina (feminine)(of card) faccia (feminine)(of coin, banknote) recto (masculine)(of car, boat) parte (feminine) anteriore, davanti (masculine)(of fabric) diritto (masculine)the dress buttons at the front write the address on the front of the envelopescrivete l'indirizzo sulla busta
- 2 (furthest forward part)(of train, queue) testa (feminine)(of building) davanti (masculine)(of auditorium) prima fila (feminine)at the front of the line, processionin testa alla fila, alla processioneat the front of the house to sit at the front of the class he pushed to the front of the crowdsi portò in prima fila facendosi largo tra la follaface the front!guardate avanti!I'll sit in the front with the drivermi siedo davanti vicino all'autistathere's room at the front of the coachc'è posto davanti sul pullmanfrom front to back of the houseper tutta la lunghezza della casahow long is the car from front to back?quanto è lunga l'automobile?
- 4 (stomach)to sleep, lie on one's front to spill something down one's frontrovesciarsi qualcosa addosso
- 10also: in front(ahead)who's in front? I'm 30 points in frontho 30 punti di vantaggiothe Italian car is in front on the tenth lapl'automobile italiana è in testa al decimo giro
- 3 (first)(page)
primo(racing car, horse)
- 4 (head-on)(view)
- 3 (Television)presentare (TV show)
- 1 (face)to front onto (British English) o , on (American English)(house, shop)
guardare, dare su (main road)essere di fronte a, su (sea)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com