Translation of girl in Italian:
bambina (feminine)(teenager)girl's bicycle
ragazza (feminine)bicicletta da bambinagirl's coatcappotto da donnagirls' schoolscuola femminilethe girls' changing room, toiletslo spogliatoio, i bagni delle femmineteenage girl when I was a girl(referring to childhood)
quand'ero bambina(referring to adolescence)good morning, girls and boys come on, girls!
quand'ero ragazza(to children)
forza, bambine!(to women) [humorous]be a good girl
forza, ragazze!(to child)
fai la brava (bambina)(to adult) [humorous]good girl!
sii gentilebrava!the new girl (School)la (bambina o ragazza) nuovabefore n a girl singeruna (giovane) cantantegirl talk [informal]chiacchiere da donne
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com