Translation of going-over in Italian:
noun pl. goings-over[informal]
- 1 (examination)(of vehicle, machine) revisione (feminine)(of document) esame (masculine) accurato(cleaning) (of room, house) pulita (feminine)the doctor gave me a thorough going-overil medico mi ha fatto una visita completathis room needs a good going-over
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com