Translation of gone in Italian:
- → go
- 1(person) (departed) partito, andato[euphemistic] (dead) be gone! [archaic] [humorous]sparisci!to be far gone(with drink) essere completamente sbronzo, andato(with drugs) essere completamente fattoto be long gone(person)
essere morto da molto tempo(machine, device)
essere andato(era)the theatre, school is long gone
essere passatoil teatro, la scuola non esiste più da molto tempogone are the days when o the days are gone when people had servantssono finiti i tempi in cui c'era la servitù
- 2 (British English) (pregnant)she is seven months goneè al settimo mese (di gravidanza)how far gone is she?di quanti mesi è?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com