Translation of grip in Italian:
- 2 (control)to take a firm grip on the company, partyprendere il controllo della ditta, del partitoto lose one's grip on realityperdere il contatto con la realtàto come to grips with somethingvenire alle prese con qualcosato get to grips with somethingvenire alle prese con, affrontare qualcosaget o take a grip on yourself!controllati!I think he's beginning to lose his gripcredo che cominci a perdere il controllo
- 3 (ability to hold) these shoes have no grip, have lost their grip do the tyres have a good grip?questi pneumatici hanno una buona tenuta di strada o un buon grip?
- 4 (clutches)to be in the grip of an obsession, a bad dreamessere in preda a un'ossessione, essere preda di un brutto sognoin the grip of winter
transitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -pp-
intransitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -pp-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com