Translation of guest in Italian:
- 1(in home, at table, at reception) ospite (masculine or feminine) , invitato (masculine) (-a)(of boarding house) pensionante (masculine or feminine)(at conference, on chat show) ospite (masculine or feminine)guest of honour paying guestospite pagante o pensionantehouse guest three uninvited gueststre persone non invitatebe my guest!prego! fai pure!before n (singer, speaker, conductor)guest night (at club)
ospite(serata a invito in un club per persone che non sono socie)making a guest appearance on tonight's show is XX è ospite nello spettacolo di staseraour guest speaker tonight is…il nostro ospite stasera è…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com