Translation of handling in Italian:
- 1 (holding, touching)(of substance) manipolazione (feminine)(of tool, weapon) maneggio (masculine)the handling of foodstuffs, of radioactive materialsla manipolazione di generi alimentari, di sostanze radioattiveold books require careful handlingè necessario trattare i libri antichi con molta curathe package had been subjected to rough handling
- 2 (way of dealing)her handling of the theme, the storyil suo modo di trattare o affrontare il tema, la storiathe bank's handling of the affair their handling of the negotiationsil modo in cui hanno condotto le trattativethe president's handling of the crisisil modo in cui il presidente ha affrontato la crisithe handling of the case (Law) their handling of the economyla loro gestione dell'economiasheep handlingallevamento e cura delle pecore
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com