- 1 they hate each othersi odiano o si detestanoto hate somebody for something, for doingodiare qualcuno per qualcosa, perché ha fattohe's someone you love to hateè qualcuno che si prova gusto a odiare
- 2 (not enjoy)non piacere, non amare (sport, food, activity)to hate doing o to dodetestare farehe hates to see me crynon gli piace vedermi piangerehe hates being correcteddetesta essere correttoI hate it whennon sopporto quandoI'd hate it if he felt excluded o I'd hate (for) him to feel excludedmi dispiacerebbe se si sentisse escluso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com