Translation of hearing in Italian:
- 1 (sense, faculty) his hearing is not very goodnon ha un buon udito, non ci sente molto benehe is hard of hearingè duro d'orecchio o d'orecchito damage somebody's hearingdanneggiare l'udito a qualcunobefore n (damage)
- 2 (earshot)there was no-one within hearingnon c'era nessuno a portata di vocein o within my hearingalla mia portata d'orecchioto be out of somebody's hearingessere fuori della portata d'orecchio di qualcuno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com