Translation of heaven in Italian:
- 1 (Religion)also: Heavento go to, be in heaven heaven and earthcielo e terraheaven and hellinferno e paradisothe kingdom of heavenil regno dei cieliour Father which art in heaven the will of heavenla volontà celeste
- 2 (in exclamations)heavens (above)! heaven forbid, heaven forfend! [formal]il cielo non voglia!heaven forbid she should realize!il cielo non voglia che se ne accorga!heaven only knows! heaven help us! heaven help him when I catch him! [informal]che il cielo lo aiuti se lo prendo!good heavens! o great heavens! [rare] God in heaven!Dio del cielo!thank heaven(s)!grazie al cielo!in heaven's name stop! [rare]in nome del cielo, fermati!what in heaven's name are you up to?in nome del cielo, che cosa stai facendo?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com