Translation of highly in Italian:
- 1 (very, to a large extent)altamente (complex, dangerous, developed, toxic, unlikely)fortemente (motivated)estremamente (educated, intelligent, promising, sensitive, unusual)molto (seasoned)grandemente (respected)highly importantdella massima importanzato be highly critical of something, somebodycriticare severamente qualcosa, qualcuno
- 2 (enthusiastically)to speak, think highly of somebodyparlare in termini entusiastici di qualcuno, avere molta stima di qualcunoshe is very highly thought ofè molto ben consideratato praise somebody highlytessere le lodi di qualcunoto be highly regardedessere grandemente stimatoto be highly acclaimedessere grandemente acclamato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com