Translation of hour in Italian:
- 1 (60 minutes) an hour ago after an houra solid o full hourdopo un'orafor hoursun'intera ora o un'ora buonahe'll be here within o inside an hourper oreit's an hour (away) from Londonsarà qui tra (non più di) un'oraat 14.00 hoursè a un'ora da Londratwice an houralle 14.00£10 per hourdue volte all'orato be paid by the hour£10 all'oraessere pagato a ore
- 2 (time of day) the clock strikes the hourthe bus leaves on the hourl'orologio suona le oreshe got home in the early hoursl'autobus parte allo scoccare dell'ora o di ogni oraat an early hour to stay out until all hoursè rientrata alle ore piccoleat this hour?stare fuori fino all'ora beata o fare le ore piccoleat this late hour [figurative]a quest'ora?
also: hours plural noun
- 1 (times)business o opening hoursore (feminine) , orario (masculine)office, visiting, working hours our business hours are 9 am to 2 pmorario d'aperturaI can't serve drinks after hours out of hours to keep early, late hourssiamo aperti dalle 9.00 alle 14.00to keep regular hoursandare a letto presto, tardiavere degli orari regolari
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com