Translation of ill in Italian:
- 1 (badly)they have been ill served by their governmentsono stati trattati malamente dal loro governohe is ill suited to the postnon è adatto al postoto speak ill of somebodydire male di qualcuno o sparlare di qualcunoto bode o augur ill for something [literary]essere di cattivo augurio per qualcosa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com