Translation of impossible in Italian:
- (idea, suggestion)
impossibile, inattuabile(person, situation)it is impossible to do
intollerabile, impossibileè impossibile fareit's almost impossible for me to come to make it impossible for somebody to do somethingrendere impossibile per qualcuno fare qualcosait is impossible that he should have missed the trainè impossibile che abbia perso il trenodifficult, if not impossible it's impossible, I won't stand for it!è intollerabile, non lo sopporterò!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com