Translation of impression in Italian:
- 1 (idea) to give the impression of doingdare l'impressione di fareshe had the impression that she knew him, he knew heraveva l'impressione di conoscerlo, che lui la conoscesseto get the (distinct) impression that …avere la netta impressione che …to be under the impression that …
- 2 (impact) to make a good, bad impressionfare una buona, cattiva impressione (on su)to make (quite) an impressionfare impressione o fare effettoit left a deep impression on him what kind of impression did they make?che impressione hanno fatto?
- 3 (perception) to have the impression of doing to give o create an impression of somethingdare l'impressione di qualcosaan artist's impression of the buildingla visione dell'edificio da parte di un artistawhat's your impression of the new boss?che impressione ti ha fatto il nuovo capo?first impressions countè la prima impressione che conta
- 4 (imitation) to do impressions (of famous people)fare le imitazioni (di personaggi famosi)she does a good impression of Paulimita bene Paul
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com