Translation of indeed in Italian:
- 1 (certainly) it is indeed likely that …è in effetti probabile che …there had indeed been a plotc'è stato davvero un complotto“it's unfair” - “indeed!”“è ingiusto” - “davvero!”“are you interested?” - “indeed I am!” o “yes indeed!”“ti interessa?” - “certo (che mi interessa)!”“can you see it from there?” - “indeed you can” o “you can indeed”“si vede da là?” - “certo”“he's not coming, is he?” - “indeed he is!”“non viene, vero?” - “certo che viene!”“did she really leave him?” - “she did indeed!”“l'ha davvero lasciato?” - “davvero!”
- 2 (in fact) it won't harm them - indeed it might be to their advantagenon gli farà male, anzi può essergli d'aiutohe was a colleague, indeed a friendera un collega, o meglio, un amicoshe is polite, indeed charmingè gentile, anzi affascinanteI feel, indeed I am convinced, that … if indeed that is what consumers wantse è davvero ciò che i consumatori vogliono
- 3 (for emphasis) very clever, traditional indeeddavvero intelligente, davvero tradizionaleit was very hot indeed I was very sad indeed to hearmi ha reso davvero triste saperethat's very good news indeedsono proprio delle buone notizieto know very little indeed about somethingsapere veramente poco di qualcosathat was praise indeed coming from him!detto da lui era davvero un complimento!we are very grateful indeed for… thank you very much indeed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com