Translation of inform in Italian:
- 1 (notify, tell)informare (person, authorities, police, public, consumer) of (about di, su) (that sul fatto che)I informed him (that) his visit was unnecessarygli ho fatto sapere che la sua visita non era necessariaI would like to be informedvorrei essere informatowhy wasn't I informed? to keep somebody informedtenere qualcuno informato of (as to di)I informed him of my viewsgli ho fatto sapere le mie opinioniI am pleased, sorry to inform you that …ho il piacere, sono spiacente di informarvi che …to inform somebody if, whenfare sapere a qualcuno se, quando
- 2 (pervade, give essential features to)(idea, premise, sense)(writing, work, policy, law)
permeare, informare, ispirare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com