- we didn't go home - we went to the park insteadinvece di andare a casa siamo andati al parcoforget the theory and concentrate instead on the practice next time try camping insteadla prossima volta prova piuttosto ad andare in campeggioI don't feel like walking - let's take a taxi insteadnon ho voglia di camminare - prendiamo un taxi, inveceshe didn't go to London. Instead she decided to go to Oxfordinvece di andare a Londra ha deciso di andare a OxfordI was going to phone but wrote instead we have no tea - will you take coffee instead?siamo rimasti senza tè - ti va bene invece un caffè?she couldn't attend so her son went instead to choose instead to doscegliere invece di fare
- instead of doinginvece di fareyou should be helping us instead of moaning!invece di lamentarti dovresti aiutarci!instead of somethinginvece di qualcosawhy not visit several castles instead of just one? the interest was 30% instead of 23%gli interessi erano del 30% invece che del 23%use oil instead of butterusate l'olio invece o al posto del burroinstead of somebodyal posto di qualcunoyou can go instead of mepuoi andarci tu al mio posto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com