Translation of instruction in Italian:
- 1 (directive)istruzione (feminine) (to di)to issue, give instructions to somebody to do to receive instructionsricevere istruzionito carry out instructions I have instructions to do, not to doho l'ordine di fare, di non fareto be under instructions to doessere incaricato di fareaccording to instructionssecondo le istruzionifailing instructions to the contrary
- 2 uncountable (teaching) the language of instructionla lingua dell'istruzioneto give somebody instruction in somethingistruire qualcuno in qualcosa o insegnare qualcosa a qualcunoto receive instruction inricevere un'istruzione in
also: instructions plural noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com