Translation of insurance in Italian:
- 1 uncountable(contract) assicurazione (feminine) (against contro)(policy) polizza (feminine) di assicurazioneinsurance for the house, carun'assicurazione sulla casa, sulla macchinato take out insurance against somethingstipulare un'assicurazione o assicurarsi contro qualcosato pay the insurance on somethingpagare l'assicurazione su qualcosathe insurance runs out soonl'assicurazione scade tra pocoaccident, fire insurance travel insurance
- 2 (amount paid to or by company) I pay £500 in insurance on the carpago 500 sterline di assicurazione per la macchinathe company paid out two million dollars in insurancela società ha versato due milioni di dollari di assicurazione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com