Translation of insure in Italian:
- 1 (protect)assicurare (baggage, person, property)to insure somebody, something against somethingassicurare qualcuno, qualcosa contro qualcosato insure oneself o one's lifestipulare un'assicurazione sulla vita o una polizza vita
- 2 (take precautions)to insure against delay, shortagescautelarsi contro (eventuali) ritardi, carenzeto insure against disappointment, please book earlyse non volete restare delusi, prenotate al più presto
- 3 (American English) → ensure
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com