Translation of intrude in Italian:
- imporre (opinions)
- 1 (meddle, interfere)I don't wish to intrudenon voglio intromettermito intrude in(to) somebody's affairsimmischiarsi negli affari di qualcuno
- 2 (encroach)I don't wish to intrude (up)on her griefnon voglio intromettermi nel suo doloreto intrude (up)on somebody's privacyviolare la privacy di qualcunoI don't want to intrude on a family gatheringnon voglio intromettermi in una riunione familiare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com