Translation of justice in Italian:
- 1 (fairness) is there any justice in her accusations?le sue accuse sono fondate?it can be said, with some justice, that … to do somebody justice o to do justice to somebodyrendere giustizia a qualcunothe portrait doesn't do her justiceil ritratto non le rende giustiziaI couldn't do justice to it (refusing food)non posso fargli onore
- 3 (judge) (British English)(American English)(form of address) Mr Justice Murphy (British English)
giudice (masculine) (della Corte Suprema)il giudice Murphy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com