Translation of kiss in Italian:
- baciare (person, hand, ring)to kiss somebody onbaciare qualcuno su (cheek, lips)to kiss hands (ceremoniously) we kissed each otherci siamo baciatishe kissed him back to kiss somebody goodnight, goodbyedare a qualcuno il bacio della buonanotte, d'addiolet me kiss it better!un bacino e passa tutto!to kiss somebody's tears awayasciugare le lacrime a qualcuno con i baci o baciare qualcuno per consolarloyou can kiss your money goodbye! [figurative]puoi dire addio ai tuoi soldi!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com