Translation of knife in Italian:
noun pl. knives
- accoltellare, dare una coltellata a (person) (in in)to be knifedessere accoltellato
an accent you could cut with a knife
- un accento molto marcato
before you could say knife
- [informal]in men che non si dica o in un batter d'occhio
to be under the knife
- [informal]essere sotto i ferri
to have one's knife into somebody
- [informal]avercela con qualcuno
to put the knife in
- colpire nel vivo
to twist the knife in the wound
the knives are out!
- siamo ai ferri corti!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com