Translation of leader in Italian:
- 1(of nation) capo (masculine) di Stato(of council, club, association) presidente (masculine)(of party, opposition) leader (masculine or feminine)(of trade union) segretario (masculine) (-a)(of army, troops) comandante (masculine or feminine)
- 3 (one in front)(of procession, line of walkers) capofila (masculine or feminine)(climber) capocordata (masculine or feminine)(horse) leader (masculine)to be among the leaders
cavallo (masculine) di testaessere nel gruppo di testathe leaders at the end of the first round are …in testa alla classifica o alla fine del primo turno ci sono …
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com