Translation of lip in Italian:
- 1 (of person, of dog, ape) to kiss somebody on the lipsbaciare qualcuno sulle labbra o sulla boccato lick one's lips(to wet them) inumidirisi le labbra(in anticipation) avere l'acquolina in boccato bite one's lipmordersi le labbrato read somebody's lipsleggere le labbra di qualcunoread my lips! [informal]ascoltatemi bene!the name on everyone's lipsil nome sulla bocca di tuttimy lips are sealed!before n (brush, pencil)
transitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -pp-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com