Translation of lobby in Italian:
- 3 (in GB) (Politics)also: division lobby(where MPs vote)= ciascuno dei due corridoi dove i deputati vanno per esprimere il voto a favore o contrario
- 4also: lobby groupthe environmental, farming, pro-European lobbyla lobby ecologista, degli agricoltori, degli europeisti
- (person, group)fare, esercitare pressione su (person, group) (about riguardo a)(Politics)fare approvare facendo pressioni (bill)to lobby a bill through parliament (in GB), Congress (in US)fare passare un progetto di legge in parlamento, al Congresso esercitando pressioni
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com