Translation of luck in Italian:
- 1 (fortune)good luck bad luck to bring somebody good, bad luck to have the good luck to do it's good luck to doporta fortuna o porta bene fareit is bad luck that …è una sfortuna che …it's bad luck to doporta sfortuna fareI've had nothing but bad luck with that carho avuto solo grane con quella macchinato try one's luck luck was on his sideaveva la fortuna dalla sua (parte)as luck would have it bad o hard luck! just my luck! [ironic]la mia solita fortuna!good luck! better luck next time!andrà meglio la prossima volta!I wish you all the best of luck to be down on one's luck
- 2 (good fortune) with a bit of luck to run out of luck our luck ran out in the third gamela fortuna ci ha abbandonato nel terzo gameto wear something for luckindossare qualcosa come portafortunaby a stroke of luckper un colpo di fortunaany luck with the job hunting?come procede la ricerca del lavoro?“have you found it?” - “no luck yet”“l'hai trovato?” - “sfortunatamente non ancora”to be in, out of luck
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com